Congratulations to our Founding Sandwich Crafter, Hayley Wight, on being accepted into Temple University's Accelerated Masters Program in Criminal Justice.
The Accelerated 5-year program is for the department's highest achieving students who are completing their undergraduate education, and are interested in expediently earning a masters degree as well.
Matt & Marie's could not be more proud of Hayley, and are thankful for the incredible hospitality experience she has provided to customers since opening.
For more information on Temple's Criminal Justice Program, please visit the department's website.
Matt & Marie's has had a great opening with great reviews by Zagat, PhillyMag, USA Today, Foobooz, Philly Weekly and many more. We recently surveyed hundreds of our customers for feedback on our first 3 months serving the neighborhood. We were thrilled with the number of responses!
The suggestions were very clear. We are going to keep delivering the things you love - friendly service, fresh quality ingredients and exciting flavor combinations. We also launched a bunch of changes in response to your overwhelming requests for MORE VARIETY, MORE HEALTHY OPTIONS and MORE VALUE.
Here is a summary of some of the new things to look out for at Matt & Marie's:
- Three new sandwiches, including Chicken, Tuna and a new Italian!
- A new special sandwich each week!
- Pastries, cookies, breakfast sandwiches (for only $2), multi-grain croissants, fruit salad, yogurt and more for breakfast!
- Full variety of house-specialty and build your own salads!
- Easy to order make your own sandwich option!
- Complimentary (Free!) pasta salad or imported Italian sweet treat with every sandwich!
- New portion sizes and price points offering something for everyone!
- New American Style Italian Hoagie stacked with meat for only $6.25! Or as a combo with a can of regular coke and quarter pound pasta salad for only $7.00!
More Healthy Options
- Build Your Own Salad options, in addition to our Chef's signature offerings!
- Nonna's Italian style tuna sandwich!
- Grilled chicken and Greek yogurt dressing for a healthy and satisfying meal!
See you soon!
Matt & Marie
Who's in love with mortadella? Matt & Marie's is!
Featured this week as a special is our Toasted Muffaletta - Mortadella, genoa salami, sharp provolone, kalamata olives, balsamic & oil.
Hosted Philly Tap Finder's craft beer event @ the store on Saturday. What a wonderful time! If you are interested in having us host your next social event, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Great article by local Philadelphia Expert Sharon Rigney
Every once in a while, a restaurant comes along that makes you rethink your routine. Matt & Marie's in Logan Square, Philadelphia, is just such a place. They've taken familiar, classic Italian sandwiches and kicked them up a notch to satisfy patrons sick of the same old run-of-the-mill lunchtime fare. Offering their delicacies in a convenient, bright and attractive new setting, this eatery is turning lunchtime visitors into happy and satisfied repeat customers.
Read the entire article here: http://www.10best.com/destinations/pennsylvania/philadelphia/articles/matt-maries-livens-up-lunchtime-in-philadelphia/